|CONFERENCE SCHEDULE 2013||Date||Location|
|Scroll down to view the 2014 conference schedule. A description of each conference can be viewed below this schedule.
Click on live conferences (blue text) to view program details and to register delegates.
Click conferences under development to view the proposed program theme.
|CONFERENCE SCHEDULE 2014||Date||Location|
|Forecourt Retail Briefing||19 February||JHB|
|Shopper Indaba – New Retail Marketing Models||26 & 27 February||JHB|
|Privacy Management SA Summit – POPI IS NOW LAW
|Big Data Reform SA||5 & 6 March||JHB|
|Online Shopping Behavior Briefing||26 March||JHB|
|Corporate Corruption Legal Briefing SA||8 April||JHB|
|Township Shopper Marketing Summit||7 & 8 May||JHB|
|Advertising & Marketing Law||11 & 12 June||JHB|
|Engaging sub-Sahara Africa through Mobile||June||JHB|
|Shopper Path to Purchase Annual Conference||23 & 24 July||JHB|
|Best of Global Digital Marketing||13 August||JHB|
|Social Media Landscape Briefing||16 September||JHB & CPT|
|Long-term Loyalty – Winning Icon brands and Why||18 September||JHB|
|Great Shopper Insights Briefing||5 November||JHB|
|Experiential Marketing||19 November||JHB|
|Social Content Summit SA||20 November||JHB|
CONFERENCE DESCRIPTIONS 2014
The 2014 conference will focus on five primary marketing activities
- How the forecourt retailing mix – category and size of shop and range of merchandise – will evolve over the next couple of years.
- Best practice forecourt merchandising and promotions and why
- Optimising the interactive power of digital media
- Loyalty and rewards schemes
- Motivating and incentivising forecourt retail staff
Shopper Indaba – New Retail Marketing Models – 2-day Summit: 26 & 27 February 2014, JHB
The three primary themes :
- Multi-channel marketing
- Seamless customer experiences
- Engagement marketing
The three primary themes for the 2014 Shopper Indaba came from the very successful 2013 Indaba (140 delegates). Particularly from the VIP discussions and the delegate evaluation forms. The evolutions of retail channels is now now and hopefully just now will be the professional integration and application of the ever increasing volume of customer data. Leading to truly engagement marketing, but how to get it right.
- POPI update and priorities
- Governance and privacy codes
- Structuring for privacy implementation
- EU and US law implications
- Big data protection
- Privacy officer job description
Big Data Reform SA - 5 & 6 March 2014, JHB
‘The big data buzz is making headlines, but the crossover into social media is just now being explored and discussed. While many social media marketers focus on measuring followers and likes, they’re missing out on the real value of social activity to brands — psychographic and demographic information that consumers give willingly to social networks. That is, there is value in not only in collecting data, but more importantly, analyzing and integrating the emerging trend of good data into future business strategies. In this panel of data and social experts, we’ll look at how social media data is becoming a recognized force in deriving strategic insight and actionable business intelligence.’
Online Shopping Behavior Briefing- 26 March 2014, JHB
The keynote will be based on the annual Online Shopping Behaviour Study 2013 by MasterCard. More and more brands and retailers are investing or testing e-Retailing methodologies, usually as part of a multi-channel retail strategy. This workshop will focus on proving the right key objectives and the right measurements to justify the ROI investment. Successful online marketers will discuss their learning experiences, how to formulate successful offerings, how to overcome the critical barriers, how to use social media to stimulate engagement.
Corporate Corruption Legal Briefing SA– 8 April 2014, JHB
- Latest precedents and regulatory guidelines, SA, US, OECD, impacting corporate anti-corruption practices in SA
- Recommended pre-emptive practices
- Dealing with non-compliance
- Q&A – expert lawyers who will give expert guidance and expert answers to your questions
Township Shopper Marketing Summit - 7 & 8 May 2014, JHB
The themes for 2014 came from the evaluation forms completed by the delegates who attended the very successful 2013 Summit (150 delegates). The rapid development of Township infrastructure and the increasingly distinctive Township cultures are markedly influencing retail developments and the way brands need to communicate with target Township shopper segments.
Lots of best practice case studies by the ost talented township shopper marketing team in SA.
Advertising & Marketing Law – 11 & 12 June 2014, JHB
Latest precedents and regulatory guidelines impacting corporate marketing practices, from expert lawyers who will give expert guidance and expert answers to your questions.
Day 1 – Consumer Protection laws governing marketing practices
……….……..- Consumer Protection Act, National Credit Act, POPI, brand protection and intellectual property, Competition Act, ASA recent
………….…….rulings and guidelines
Day 2 – Digital marketing legal issues impacting online, mobile and social marketing
……………..- Navigating the legal and good governance challenges of exploiting digital media
……………..- POPI update
……………- Developing a strategy for managing the risks of social media from brand and consumer perspectives
……………..- Mobile business – the legal framework in SA – risk assessment
……………..- Promotion marketing online
……………..- Intellectual Property
……………..- Self Regulation – association codes of conduct and conflicts with POPI
Program currently under development
The objective is to provide unique insights into the critical components of highly successful mobile and social media campaigns across Sub-Sahara Africa. National and multi-national marketers have to consider cultural, language, sports, entertainment and many other issues to arrive at the right campaign mix for a given region and the degree to which it needs to be customised.
- Opening hearts, minds and wallets
- Shopper Basket Analysis – pragmatic insights
- The insights that really matter when wanting to reach and influence lower income groups
- Applying Mobile solutions to enhance retail experience
- Technology Engagement Path to Purchase
- In-store and in-mall analytics:
- Retail Mobile Applications – driving customers instore
- Social Media engagement – the challenge; the opportunity
- Which coupons are good for what – customers love them
- Merchandising best and worst practices
- Shopping mall activations – Footprint 2013 winning case studies
- Building a shopper activation plan
- Combo promotions really work – if you get everything right
- Window Displays – how to create very influential first impressions
- Yes you can relate display formats to shopper behaviour insights
- How changing shopper behaviours and loyalty values influence instore marketing
- Best practice experiences – loyalty marketing
- Presentation of digital marketing case studies with excellent business results
- In-depth analysis of why these campaigns were so successful
- How can delegates apply these winning practices to SA
The Definitive Social Media Briefing for Marketers – influencing 2015 marketing
Uniquely interesting data and uniquely interesting comments and perspectives from the most informed social marketers in SA; very interactive one-day Briefings JHB & CPT.
The Social Media Landscape research conducted June to August 2014, presented by Arthur Goldstuck and prepared in partnership with Mike Wronski of Fuseware, is the social bible for professional marketers. Arthur presents the key stats and insights and then we move into dynamic panel discussions featuring the most influential social marketers in SA, adding their perspectives and highly informed comments.
Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Mxit, Youtube, Linked In, BBM, blogs, Foursquare, Whatsapp, 2go, Vine, Pinterest, instagram
Long-term Loyalty Marketing – Winning Icon brands and why – 3 September 2014, JHB
The long established annual Icon Awards are based on exhaustive research conducted by TGI. We will be focusing on the strategies and tactics and how they’ve been adapted by the consistent long-term winners who really do practice successful loyalty marketing best practices.
The most successful players in experiential demonstrate best practices and critical intelligence to upgrade your events 2015
The winning case studies will be selected from the finalists at Apex Awards and Loeries 2014. We will ensure that our selection represents a wide spectrum of experiential categories and reflects the primary verticals such as FMCG, retail / malls, financial, liquor, pharmaceutical etc. The selection will be made by the EXASA (Experiential Agencies of South Africa) and Marketing Mix.
12 winning case studies and two very influential panel debates will materially influence the delegates and their 2015 marketing planning.
Social Content Summit SA - 20 November 2014, JHB
Brings you cutting edge information and insights on the thinking behind viral content, the tools and strategies used to drive highly effective social media campaigns and an exclusive look into South Africa’s top performing social media content, as measured by social data firm Fuseware (they work with Arthur Goldstuck to produce the annual Social Media Landscape research report).